little bit knits KAL

"Because very soon they'll refuse to wear it!" ~sad but true

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Sweater in progress!

So I have officially started! I chose to use the auto cast-on, which is to say, we had a long trip to a barbecue in Sonoma today, so I did my gauge check and cast on in the car. This tiny bit is how much I've completed, mostly on the trip back to San Francisco.

You may be able to see that I chose to use moss stitch, just as the pattern indicates, instead of garter stitch, which looked icky when I did my gauge check.

Finally, the yarn isn't really this blue... it's a muted heathery color in real life (WoolEase worsted in Blue Mist). Don't love working with acrylic, but I've learned from experience that whatever I make for my kids needs to stand up to repeated washings. In the washing machine.

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Meredith said...

That is going to be so cute. I love the color. Can't wait to see it when it is done!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Erica- I'm so glad to see the progress. And I hope soon to get my pics up too. It looks like a cute pattern and I like the pattern.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Whoops- I mean color. =0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home