little bit knits KAL

"Because very soon they'll refuse to wear it!" ~sad but true

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Finally got something done!



I actually do a lot of knitting for my little one. Being on bedrest for a couple months prior to her birth and staying at home after, have given me plenty of time. So, the challenge for me this time was to design something for Baby Girl myself. (Sorry Debbie Bliss!) I think it actually came out quite nicely. I decided that if I really wanted to push myself, I would have to try to have it published as well.... and it looks like it might be! I won't know for sure until it goes live, but it looks like it will be published in the Oct. issue of Magknits! Even if it doesn't make it, I'm still pretty proud. I'm not supposed to show completed photos, so here's a preview... it's an a-line top w/ a super-frilly collar. Now I just have to figure out what to make next....

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Erica said...

That is gorgeous. I would be afraid to put it on my kid, though... it's too beautiful.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger JulieFrick said...

SO adorable! Why is it that every kid design I see and love is for girls and NO ONE I KNOW (including myself) has one? Le sigh.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Peanut's mom said...

Wow great job!!! It turned out so beautiful! And how exciting that it may be published in magknits!!! Bravo!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Rose said...

That is so beautiful. Can't wait to see the pattern :)

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger msfortuknit said...

this is lovely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home