little bit knits KAL

"Because very soon they'll refuse to wear it!" ~sad but true

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Suggestions for boy babies?

Thank you all for the super-nice comments on my yet-to-be-published-maybe-published-in-magknits sweater!

Now, back to business. It really seems like there are a ton of super-cute patterns out there for baby girls, but not so many for baby boys. Maybe this is just me... maybe I've just been looking out for girl patterns. Anyway, I have a couple friends w/ boy babies on the way and I really can't find anything I like. I definitely would prefer to do a sweater or an outfit. Not a blanket (used to crochet, so I've made my fair share of those). Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Yay! Good for you!

In contrast, I am stuck halfway through the back of my sweater... too much contract writing work, not enough knitting time.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Christina said...

Adorable Knits for Tots; Miss Bea's Rainy Day and Seaside; Rowan Babies, Pipsqueak, and Junior; and Lucinda Guy's Handknits for Kids all have some good boy patterns. There are also several good ones in the Bouton d'or layette and junior magazines. My favorite boy patterns are by Martin Storey. His designs are in Jaeger JB29, RY Classic Bambino, and RY Classic Babies.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger mayerlene said...

I've been hunting high and low for a copy of JB29. If anyone knows how I might find one, or is willing to sell or loan me theirs, please do contact me. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home